Thar be only a few short hours remaining before you be getting yer chance to purchase tickets to this year's Privateer Feast. Arrrgg! Though ya might not know it yet, we've even managed to press-gang another warbler for the festivities!
(Okay, enough with the pirate speak this early -- time to speak plainly)
Tickets go on sale at 4:00 pm (EST) today. If you can't be online yourself, get a friend to be there for you or you may miss out. The Feast will be held on Saturday, February 23, with or without you!
Why should you buy tickets to this year's feast?
* Nearly four hours of piratical music, featuring: Ship's Company Chanteymen, Cat and the Fiddle Morris, Letter of Marque, and The Pyrates Royale.
* A tasty buffet including your choice of entrees, sides, and even a chance at a flaming dessert! The kitchen crew has promised that they won't be underestimating the amount that we pirates can put away this year!
* Nearly 150 items, both big and small, for our infamous raffle.
That's great, but it sounds like last year. What's new this year?
* Just added to the lineup this weekend: Son of Strum! (this last one's so new, it's not even on the website yet!)
* A new silent auction on a number of premium items.
* Rumors of (and posssibly a sneak peak at) items so special that while they may be on display at the Feast, you won't be able to purchase them until later.
* Designated cooler berths (aka parking) out of the way of the feasting tables
* A brig in which to jail miscreants
* A new flow for ticket check-in that won't leave you standing out in the cold!
The link for the ticket sale can be found on the Team Wench website -- both on the "Tickets" page and on the "Main" page. If you refresh these pages at 4:00p.m., the links will appear and take you directly to the correct eBay page. You may wish to sign into eBay ahead of time
to expedite your transaction.
Full ticket terms and conditions can be found on the Ticket page. If you have any questions, please check the FAQ -- there are two answered questions from last year and a new one for this year (and I'm sure there will be more to come).
If you miss out on today's sale, don't forget to sign up on the Ticket Waiting List. Last year, every single person who did sign up was offered a ticket (though some at the last minute). If you don't want to risk the Waiting List, you can always bid on the VIP (that's short
for Very Important Pirate) tickets, currently being auctioned off in a separate eBay listing. VIP tickets include everything you see above, PLUS:
* expedited check in for you and your three guests;
* reserved seating at a fully decorated table next to the stage;
* early access to the buffet; and
* a special bag of pirate booty.