[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Sunday, March 4th, 2012|
Festival of Legends
Some rather amazing friends of mine are putting on a festival in North Carolina in April. If you like ren faires, fairy festivals, laughter, fun, frivolity, beauty, music, fine goods and art, and nature, you should check out this festival. Even if you cannot travel to it, consider supporting it.
The Festival of Legends Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/festivaloflegends
The Festival of Legends Kickstarter page - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1824916808/the-festival-of-legends
|Tuesday, January 11th, 2011|
Privateer Feast #10: "Ten years of the Best Support A Boobie Ever Had!"
Team Wench will hold its Tenth Annual Privateer Feast “To Save the Treasured Chest” benefiting breast cancer awareness and research on Saturday, March 5th, 2011 from 6:00 p.m. until 10:30 p.m. Join us in our endeavor to reach new heights with “Ten Years of the Best Support a Boobie Ever Had!”
Team Wench will be returning to last year's venue, the Earleigh Heights Volunteer Fire Company (VFC) in Severna Park, Maryland. Its huge galley and well-stocked hold will be serving up plenty of mouth-watering dishes to satisfy your hunger. Hungry, or should I say THIRSTY, for more than a fine meal? The grog will flow freely again this year and yer still welcome to bring yer own wondrous libations. If you prefer to wet yer whistle with libations of a softer nature, not to worry, we'll have plenty of options on-hand. How will you bide your time on this voyage? We've shanghaied the best in piratical entertainment and plundered quite a bit of rare & valuable swag just for you to bid on. So pack yer sea chest or grab your ditty bag and prepare to set sail!
Feast tickets will go on sale through TicketLeap beginning Friday, January 14 at Noon for the Early Bird Price $50 (plus TicketLeap Fees). Be sure to buy your tickets before Monday, February 14 at 11:59 p.m EST to get the Early Bird price.
If you wait til February 15 you can still buy Feast tickets, but at the Regular Price of $60 (plus TicketLeap Fees). Tickets will be available at this price until Wednesday, March 2 at 6:00 p.m. EST.
Please visit http://pf.TeamWench.org/
for complete details.
Redistribution of this letter is not only permitted but encouraged - Thank you!
|Wednesday, June 17th, 2009|
Updates to my requests for help
- It's now Wednesday afternoon, and there's ~51 hours left before nominations close. If you haven't already done so, please consider supporting my nomination for the LJ Advisory Board. At this moment, I have 99 of the required 300 (up from 100 last year) comments supporting my bid. FYI - the preferred format is something along the lines of "I support this nomination" or the like.
- In just under four months, I'll be crewing my first Komen 3-Day. In just under eleven months, I'll be crewing my sixth Avon Walk. I know that times are tight, but if you have anything to spare, please consider donating to fight breast cancer at either my Komen 3-Day Donation Link, my Avon Walk Donation Link, or even both!
- If you saw the (locked) posts from me earlier about getting wet this weekend and haven't responded, please do so. If you didn't see them, then this isn't the point you're looking for, move along, move along.
p.s. Happy Birthday, Mee-Ko.
p.p.s. I'm official now. Thank you for your nominations.
Next week, please don't forget to vote and to encourage everyone else you know on LJ to vote... whether for me or for someone else, just vote.
If we (the LJ users) don't take the election seriously, how can we expect LJ/SUP to do so?
|Sunday, December 28th, 2008|
Team Wench Privateer Feast - ticket details now available
Avast! All ye swarthy sailors needs ta pay close attention!
That infamous gathering of us piratical types known by them land lubbers as the "Team Wench Privateer Feast" is approachin' soon. Howe'r, if'n ya wanna be admitted to the Feast, you'll need ta brave that den of iniquity known as 'eBay' to get yer tickets. Don't you worry though... them thar tickets haven't been released for sale quite yet. But in just about a fortnight, that will change!(The writers of this email now pause from all the pirate-speak to make certain that the message is clear.)
As previously announced on the Team Wench Events
list, the 2009 Team Wench Privateer Feast to "Save the Treasured Chest" will be held on Saturday, February 28, 2009.
Tickets for the Feast will go on sale on Monday, January 12, 2009 at 4:00p.m. (EST).
Complete details can be found on the website at http://pf.teamwench.org/
Questions should be emailed via the links on the website, as there is no great guarantee that they'll be seen here on LJ.(We now return to your piratical email, already in progress)
So stand fast, ye scurvey dogs, and be prepared to battle for your tickets. And may the saltiest sailor win! Current Mood: excited
|Friday, November 28th, 2008|
Room For Rent, in Charles Village Rowhome, Baltimore, MD, Available Now.
( More Info Back Here...Collapse )
Public post - feel free to direct interested parties to it - contact info on my profile page.
Moderators - if you feel this is spam, please delete ! X-posted to several coms and my own journal.
|Monday, July 28th, 2008|
TCEP 15 information!!!
Hey folks, I promised information on TCEP 15 - and here it is!
Still the best 4 days of gaming, relaxation, and fun in the greater DC area!
Yep, we're running a bit behind this year, but I think that more than ever, we all need a weekend to relax and unwind! And so, here we are, ready to plunge tentacle-first into TCEP 15: The Elder Party!
Unfortunately, we will *not* be able to offer online registration this year. And when we find out who sicced the Shoggoths on our web team, they will be dutifully flogged.
In the meantime, our flier is available in .pdf format! The flier can be downloaded here!
Please note the change in mailing address! Get 'em in as early as possible folks! Update! The flyer is also now available at the main site: http://www.barkingmad.org/tcep15/TCEP-15-flyer.pdf
LARP: Well, we had one, but the evil gods of employment have decided to laugh evilly (what else) at us, and so that one is being put on the back burner. We're in "negotiations" for another one. Information will be forthcoming if it happens.
Games: In addition to a number of Cthuloid and politically-themed events, we hope to have at least one "Old Skool" Dungeon crawl in memory of "The Grand Dungeon Master" himself, E. Gary Gygax. As always, we'll have plenty of space for pick-up games!
Saturday night will feature our third annual Charity Poker Tournament to benefit The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America, The Center for Basic Cancer Research at Kansas State University, and The Mazzy Kaya Foundation.
We'll also be having a non-gamers area for those who prefer their relaxation to be more of the craft variety. Hosts & hostesses will be announced....when I have their permission. ;-)
Mix all of that in with the Friday night dinner (
Sushi at Asahi, or meat at Outback), our famous ConSuite (complete with fresh bread) and you have four days of fun that are not to be missed!
Here's the particulars:
TCEP 15: The Elder Party
Aug. 29- Sept. 1, 2008 (Labor Day weekend)
$40 for the weekend either by Pre-reg or at the door for adults
$20 for the weekend either by Pre-reg or at the door for youth (12-17)
Under 12 admitted free with paid adult membership (Said adult to be responsible for the child)
Holiday Inn Laurel West
15101 Sweitzer Lane, Laurel, MD 20707
Group name: Barking Mad
Group Rate: $104/night s/d/t/q occupancyNote: To receive our special group rate, you MUST CALL the hotel at (301) 776-5300. Do not let them transfer you to the national reservation number!
Looking forward to seeing everyone there! Current Mood: awake
|Friday, July 11th, 2008|
Team Wench & PfF make the news!
Need new-to-you garb, baskets, feast gear, or other accessories without breaking your wallet? Going to Pennsic and still need to pick up a few things without going out to the Serengeti?
Yes, that's right, we're doing it again, and this time with press coverage. :)
Team Wench's annual Prepare for Faire yard sale has made the news
See you there!If you want to get info on the sale without reading the article, go HERE. Current Mood: excited
|Tuesday, June 17th, 2008|
|Wednesday, April 9th, 2008|
Team Wench is hosting a bike ride!
Complete details can be found on the MAIN RIDE PAGE
, but here's the nutshell version:
* Charity fundraiser to benefit RESCU Foundation
* Sunday, June 22
* Starts/Ends at Burba Lake Cottage at Fort Meade, Maryland
* Ride starts early, picnic starts later
* Picnic open to anyone, whether they ride or not
* Live entertainment provided by Mobtown Hipcats
* $45 for drivers, $25 for riders/picnickers
* strictly limited to 100 bikesRegistration is open now Current Mood: excited
|Tuesday, April 8th, 2008|
|Monday, February 18th, 2008|
Feast tickets still available - limited quantity
Arrrrgghhh, me hearties!
Tis only days until this year's Privateer Feast, and Team Wench finds itself with more room in the pub than we'd planned on -- and not enough pirates to fill the chairs!
So listen well...
* if'n ye didn't manage ta click fast enough to get yer tickets from eBay; and
* if'n ye couldn't afford ta outbid thems that now call themselves VIPs; and
* if'n ye were convinced that the Waiting List was a losing proposition, then...
Get yerself on the Wait List NOW! Tickets are still available right now, but they won't last long. Since tis the last possible moment, we won't be acceptin' none o' them checks delivered by the postal service. The only payments we be takin' fer these last minute tickets be them usin' PayPal, and them payments'll have to be made right away.
If'n ya have any further questions, go look ye at the page what contains all da information athttp://www.TeamWench.org/pf/tickets.shtml#WAIT
Ralph E. Nelson
Chairperson, 2008 Privateer Feast
Team Wench - http://www.teamwench.org/please feel free to cross-post -- I'll update the note on my LJ when they're sold out again Current Mood: excited
|Friday, January 18th, 2008|
Very Important Pirate tickets - last chance!
Ahoy maties, this be yer final warnin'...
If'n ya wanna get into this year's Privateer Feast from them scurvy dogs at Team Wench, yer last chance ta make an offer on them VIP (that's Very Important Pirate, dontcha know!) tickets be Saturday afternoon. After that, whichever scalawag with the shiniest dubloons -- and their crew! -- will take 'em from ya!
So ya might be askin' yerself what makes an ord'n'ry pirate into a Very Important Pirate. Well, I'm here ta tell ya:
* no waitin' in line when ya arrive [express check-in]
* yer keg-o-rum's won't be far off [convenient/assigned cooler parking]
* space ta sit yerself an' yer crew of three right up by the stage
* yer sittin' space will be festive 'n fancy afor ye arrive [decorated table]
* no waitin' in line fer victuals [early access to the buffet]
* best of all - yer own bag o' pirate booty!
So all ye remember - Saturday's the day! Don't get left back at the dock!
(Fine print in english)
* That's not the price for each ticket; when you bid, you're bidding on FOUR tickets for the bid price.
* If you have already paid for general admission tickets, your payment will be credited towards the VIP tickets (no extra fees).
* All proceeds from the Feast go to the Avon
Foundations' efforts to fight breast cancer and to help people living with this terrible disease.
* Bid early, bid often
* As of the sending of this post, the bidding was stalled at $420 (that's just slightly over twice the price of a general admission ticket).
Ralph E. Nelson
Chairperson, 2008 Privateer Feast
Team Wench - http://www.teamwench.org/ Current Mood: excited
|Monday, January 14th, 2008|
PF08 Ticket Reminder - and a bit of Feast NEWS!
Ahoy, me hearties!
Thar be only a few short hours remaining before you be getting yer chance to purchase tickets to this year's Privateer Feast. Arrrgg! Though ya might not know it yet, we've even managed to press-gang another warbler for the festivities!(Okay, enough with the pirate speak this early -- time to speak plainly)
Tickets go on sale at 4:00 pm (EST) today. If you can't be online yourself, get a friend to be there for you or you may miss out. The Feast will be held on Saturday, February 23, with or without you!Why should you buy tickets to this year's feast?
* Nearly four hours of piratical music, featuring: Ship's Company Chanteymen, Cat and the Fiddle Morris, Letter of Marque, and The Pyrates Royale.
* A tasty buffet including your choice of entrees, sides, and even a chance at a flaming dessert! The kitchen crew has promised that they won't be underestimating the amount that we pirates can put away this year!
* Nearly 150 items, both big and small, for our infamous raffle.That's great, but it sounds like last year. What's new this year?
* Just added to the lineup this weekend: Son of Strum! (this last one's so new, it's not even on the website yet!)
* A new silent auction on a number of premium items.
* Rumors of (and posssibly a sneak peak at) items so special that while they may be on display at the Feast, you won't be able to purchase them until later.
* Designated cooler berths (aka parking) out of the way of the feasting tables
* A brig in which to jail miscreants
* A new flow for ticket check-in that won't leave you standing out in the cold!
The link for the ticket sale can be found on the Team Wench website -- both on the "Tickets" page and on the "Main" page. If you refresh these pages at 4:00p.m., the links will appear and take you directly to the correct eBay page. You may wish to sign into eBay ahead of time
to expedite your transaction.
Full ticket terms and conditions can be found on the Ticket page. If you have any questions, please check the FAQ -- there are two answered questions from last year and a new one for this year (and I'm sure there will be more to come).
If you miss out on today's sale, don't forget to sign up on the Ticket Waiting List. Last year, every single person who did sign up was offered a ticket (though some at the last minute). If you don't want to risk the Waiting List, you can always bid on the VIP (that's short
for Very Important Pirate) tickets, currently being auctioned off in a separate eBay listing. VIP tickets include everything you see above, PLUS:
* expedited check in for you and your three guests;
* reserved seating at a fully decorated table next to the stage;
* early access to the buffet; and
* a special bag of pirate booty.Main pageTicket pageFAQ pageVIP Ticket
|Wednesday, January 2nd, 2008|
Brunswick Games Day - reminder
Don't forget, folks... just three more days left until Brunswick Games Day
13 hours of (free) gaming, lots of cool people, lots of cool games, good takeout pizza!
I'll be there with my overstuffed Looney bag:Aquarius
Are You a Werewolf
Chrononauts (standard and Early American)
Multiple Fluxx Decks (standard w/tons of bonus cards, Zombie, Eco, Family, & Español)
Pyramids (all 11 colors - tons of possible games!)
I'll also be bringing along:
a bunch of Munchkin (normal w/tons of expansion decks, Space, Impossible, Super, & Blender)
Settlers of Catan (normal plus various expansions and Stone Age)
Oh, and this just in... donate to help send a great kid (not my own) to a great summer program and get tasty snacky goodness!
Current Mood: excited
|Friday, June 15th, 2007|
Tiger Torre Art News ! Art Under The Dome Show !
Tiger Torre Art
featured in the Art Under The Dome Art Show in Baltimore !
Opening June 22, and running through July 6, 2007, the University Baptist Church
is hosting the Art Under The Dome art show. Featuring Baltimore area artists, 20% of proceeds from art sales at the show help to fight HIV/AIDS in Africa.
Tiger Torre Art has four masks in the show, and an additional five will be featured in a booklet at the show and on the website for the show. (We don't have a url for that yet.)
The Opening Reception for the show will be on June 22, 2007, from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm, and will be a catered event featuring live music. The University Baptist Church is located at 3501 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21218.
Crossposted many places. Feel free to spread the news
|Wednesday, June 13th, 2007|
I can't go this year (already had plans), but here's the info for those who didn't already know...More (general) infoVenue-specific info
Yes, that's BOTH Friday and Saturday events going on... pick your preferred and hop right in.
I'll be in my bunk. ;-) Current Mood: accomplished
|Thursday, May 31st, 2007|
Support the Arts ?
I have been to the Audrey Herman Spotlighters Theatre in Baltimore several times, for different productions, and each time was a pleasure. The theater has served Baltimore for over 45 years, putting up new shows every single month -- that's more than 630 different productions and over 7500 performances -- all in the same, small space.
Now, for the first time in its history, Spotlighters will be going "dark" (no shows). From Labor Day to about Columbus Day, the theater will be doing major renovations of its backstage area (costume room, props storage, dressing rooms, set shop, etc.). Doing so means, however, that there will be no income during that month; so there is not only the cost of the renovation, but the loss of income.
You can help.
Spotlighters is currently running an online auction at http://www.spotlighters.cmarket.com/june2007
. There are some wonderful trips, artwork, passes for local theaters, and other items up for bid. The funds raised will go to help cover the cost of renovations, provide funding for this year's young actors academy, as well as generate revenue for some of the basic operating costs of the theater.
Crossposted from my Journal.
|Sunday, April 8th, 2007|
|Tuesday, January 2nd, 2007|
Brunswick Games Day
Yes, it's that time of year again. Come out and join all of the cool kids at the third annual Brunswick Games Day
(aka I wish I was at EveCon
Basically, it's 13 hours of non-stop gaming for FREE. Many (many!) games will be provided and even more will be brought. Come on out!
|Wednesday, December 13th, 2006|
Privateer Feast VIP Tickets on sale now!
Bidding on the VIP tickets is open NOW
Current Mood: excited
Don't miss the event of the winter!
- You and three of your mates have the opportunity to be acknowledged as Very Important Pirates.
- There are two sets of tickets up for bid. Each set contains four tickets.
- Your VIP tickets will include reserved seating immediately next to the stage, early access to the buffet, and discounted Feast swag.
- Join Master of Ceremonies Dinty the Moore for a stage full of entertainment including the Ship's Company Chanteymen, In Our Cups, Cat and the Fiddle Morris, Letter of Marque (new for 2007), and of course those scurvy sea-dogs, The Pyrates Royale!
- Scores of wonderful new items in our infamous raffle for charity.
- Completely new, Caribbean-themed menu.
- Due to changes in local liquor laws, the Feast is now BYOB: if you want to drink alcohol, you'll need to bring it yourself. If you do, please drink responsibly.
- Breast Cancer Awareness table in the raffle room to see the ways your generosity makes a difference.
- Non-VIP tickets will be listed on eBay beginning at 1:00pm (EST) on Saturday, December 16 in a fixed-price sale for $50 per ticket.
The Feast will be held on Saturday, February 24th, 2007, from 6:30 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. at the Conference Center at Cherry Hill Park in College Park, Maryland.
Terms and Conditions regarding your VIP ticket purchases are HERE.
Please do not bid unless you understand and accept these Terms and Conditions.
All of us with Team Wench want to thank each and every one of you for coming out and lending us your support. Thanks to you, the Privateer Feast has donated over $36,000 over the past five years to support breast cancer research, and we look forward to continuing to do all we can to stop this deadly disease!
Bidding on the VIP tickets is open NOW
p.s. If you're looking for "Standard" tickets rather than the VIP tickets, they will go on sale this coming Saturday, December 16 at 1:00 p.m.
p.p.s. Amused grins and LJ shoutouts go to majorchaos and hrandy36 for being the first ones out of the starting gate towards making this a truly kick-ass event!
Ralph E. Nelson
Chairperson, 2007 Privateer Feast
Team Wench - http://www.teamwench.org/